| On Oct. 5, Archbishop Thomas Wenski celebrated a triple anniversary Mass
at Holy Rosary-St. Richard Church: 60 years of Holy Rosary's establishment, 50
years of St. Richard's establishment and 30 years of the construction of St.
Our Lady of the
Holy Rosary Church and School were founded in 1959 in what is now Cutler Bay,
the first new parish established after the creation of the Diocese of Miami. It
was founded on the feast of the Holy Rosary, Oct. 7, the same day the diocese
had been founded a year earlier.
St. Richard was
founded in 1969 in what is now Palmetto Bay. In 1989, it dedicated its new church,
which was rededicated in 1993 after extensive damage from Hurricane Andrew.
congregations merged in 2010 on St. Richard’s campus, after Holy Rosary’s new
church, which had been dedicated in 1995, succumbed to leaks and was demolished