Wednesday, February 12, 2020
Communications Department - Archdiocese of Miami
MIAMI | The Archdiocese of Miami is working with the U.S. Census Bureau and the Miami-Dade Census Task Force to ensure that everyone in our community gets counted. The goal is to have all residents come forward to be counted without fear of retaliation or lack of information.
Census forms will begin arriving in people’s homes the first week of March and should be completed by April 1. Archbishop Thomas Wenski would like pastors’ assistance in informing parishioners of the importance of being counted.
All census responses are confidential. There are very strict laws protecting the privacy of everyone who participates in the census and everyone can participate, regardless of their immigration status.
The Census 2020 Resource Page, linked below, contains information about the U.S. Census 2020, including talking points, bulletin announcements, frequently asked questions and parish and school resources.
We encourage teachers to visit the page for lesson plans, maps, and teaching guides to help teachers and students learn about the importance of the Census and for students to discuss it with their parents.
Important links :
- Census 2020 Main Resource Page: http://bit.ly/ADOMCensus1
- Census 2020 Teacher Resource Page: http://bit.ly/ADOMCensus
- Census 2020 in English: https://2020census.gov/en
- Census 2020 in Spanish: https://2020census.gov/es.html
- Census 2020 in Creole: https://2020census.gov/ht.html
- Go to any of the pages above and click on the arrow at top right for information in other languages.