Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Florida Catholic staff - Florida Catholic
MIAMI | Every year, Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Miami select one student to receive the Archbishop’s Catholic Leadership Award.
The recognition, started by Archbishop Emeritus John C. Favalora, recognizes members of the graduating class who “demonstrate their commitment to the Catholic faith and personal excellence through continuous practice of the values of faith, virtue, service, and scholarship.”
Here are this year’s award recipients, who were recognized at the baccalaureate Mass celebrated by Archbishop Thomas Wenski on May 24, 2021. (See story here.)
- Daniel A. Valdez, Archbishop Coleman Carroll High.
- Maria Mercedes Soto, Archbishop Edward McCarthy High.
- Manuel Andres Rodriguez Lapido, Belen Jesuit Prep.
- Sebastian Reeder, Cardinal Gibbons High.
- Mairead Elizabeth Gatcliffe, Carrollton School of the Sacred Heart.
- Isabella Marie Garagozzo, Chaminade Madonna College Prep.
- Jose Acosta, Christopher Columbus High.
- Meghan Madonna Swan, Immaculata-La Salle High.
- Sebastian Bak, Msgr. Edward Pace High.
- Adriana Isabel Gonzalez, Our Lady of Lourdes Academy.
- Olga M. Rodriguez, St. Brendan High.
- Kensia Saint-Hilaire, St. Thomas Aquinas High.