Monday, October 6, 2014
- “How do you thank someone for the life of your child? You gave me the courage to say yes to life. I needed to hear it was wrong to kill my son.” — A Haitian school teacher
- “Because of the work you do, I have my adopted son today.” — A philanthropist
- “Your candor and conviction have moved me.” — A legislator at Catholic Days at the Capitol who changed his vote to protect the child who survives an abortion procedure
- “Thank you for walking with me through my father’s last week of life.” — A parishioner who wanted to be sure her father was not a victim of euthanasia
- “This was the first place that made me feel respected.” — A recently released prisoner and expectant father in our Project Joseph Program
- “I don’t want to do this anymore, please help me.” — A local abortion doctor
- “I don’t have to continue down this road, I am worth more than this.” — A single mother at our Sexual Integrity class
- “It was like receiving Holy Communion for the first time.” — A woman returning to the sacraments after post-abortion healing (Project Rachel)
- “You saved my marriage and opened our hearts to have another child.” — Life Issues Workshop participant
- “I wish I could stand with you, this is my story.” — Restaurant cook on his break watching the 40 Days for Life prayer vigil
- “I am in awe of this perfectly formed little body.” — Funeral director who buried unborn Baby Charlie, 18-weeks gestation
- “A fact-filled, eye-opening, fantastic day!” / “The students learned a great deal and were engaged the entire time.” / “Great messages for our young people to hear.” — Eighth grade teachers at the 11th annual Chastity Day event
- “I didn’t know I was praying for the life of my own grandchild to be saved.” — Parish “Spiritual Adoption” program
- “Thank you for giving me the opportunity to stand up for what I believe in and express my faith by participating in the March for Life.” — Student pilgrim at the annual March for Life in Washington, D.C.
- “The best lay presentation on the Church’s teaching on human sexuality I have ever heard.” — Bishop Victor Galeone, emeritus of St. Augustine
So what exactly do we do? We defend Him in His least ones!
During this Respect Life Month, I thank God for the courageous people who serve in the Respect Life Ministry. They sacrifice so much to defend society’s unwanted souls.