Monday, November 19, 2018
Florida Catholic staff - Florida Catholic
St. Anthony’s relics coming here
Two relics of St. Anthony of Padua will be visiting Miami churches at the end of the month. The relics will be at:
- Sacred Heart Parish in Homestead, on Friday, Nov. 30, from 4 p.m. until the conclusion of Mass at 7 p.m. For information call 786-272-2531 or email [email protected].
- St. Agnes in Key Biscayne, on Saturday, Dec. 1, beginning with 9 a.m. Mass until 1 p.m. 305-361-2351.
- St. Gregory Church in Plantation, on Saturday, Dec. 1, 4 to 8 p.m. Masses will be celebrated at 4 and 5:30 p.m.. For information call 954-440-9967.
- St. Mary Cathedral in Miami, on Sunday, Dec. 2, veneration after 8 a.m., 10 a.m. and noon Masses. 305-759-4531.
- St. Mary Magdalen, Sunny Isles Beach, Monday, Dec. 3, veneration after 8 a.m. Mass until noon. 305-931-0600.
- St. Mark, Southwest Ranches, Monday, Dec. 3, veneration after 7 p.m. Mass. 954-434-3777.
- St. Hugh, Coconut Grove, Tuesday, Dec. 4, veneration at 2 p.m. until conclusion of 7 p.m. Mass.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe, Doral, Wednesday, Dec. 5, veneration after 7:30 p.m. Mass. 305-593-6123.
- St. Agatha, Miami, Thursday, Dec. 6, from 7 a.m. to noon; Masses at 7 and 8:30 a.m. 305-222-1500.
- Our Lady of La Vang, Hallandale, Thursday, Dec. 6, 3-10 p.m., 123 N.W. Sixth Ave., . Mass at 8:30 p.m. For information call 954-374-9100.
- Visitation, North Miami, Friday, Dec. 7, veneration after 8 a.m. Mass until noon. 305-652-3624.
- Our Lady of Health Syro-Malabar, Coral Springs, Friday, Dec. 7, veneration after 7 p.m. Mass until 10 p.m. 954-227-6985.
- San Pablo, Marathon, Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 8 and 9, from 3 p.m. Saturday through end of 1:30 p.m. Spanish Mass Sunday, including after Vigil Mass at 5 p.m. Saturday, and English Masses at 8 and 11 a.m. Sunday. 305-289-0636.
Living the Joy of Love Conference
Christopher West will present a “Living the Joy of Love” conference at St. John XXIII Parish in Miramar on Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Hosted by the parish’s youth and young adult ministry, the conference will help attendees learn what St. John Paul II called the three “infallible and indispensable” means for a fruitful marriage; experience how God’s plan for marriage and family life illuminated the entire biblical story; learn how to combat the distortions of family life that are becoming more and more widespread in our world today; and find true hope and healing for the wounds inflicting marriages and family life today. The church is located at 16800 Miramar Parkway, Miramar. For information, call 954-448-5715, or go to: www.john23parish.org.
Retirement Fund for Religious
The annual Retirement Fund for Religious collection will take place Dec. 8-9 in the Archdiocese of Miami.
The collection is coordinated by the National Religious Retirement Office in Washington,
and benefits 31,000 elderly Catholic sisters, brothers and religious order priests. The 2017 collection
raised just over $28 million nationwide and the office disbursed $25 million to benefit 360
religious communities for the direct care of elderly members. Almost 94 percent of donations aid senior
religious and their communities, with the remaining funds used for administration and promotion of
the national appeal. For more information, visit retiredreligious.org.
Archbishop to host Theology on Tap
Archbishop Thomas Wenski will be the guest speaker at the Theology on Tap scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 20, 7:30 p.m., at The Tank Brewery, 5100 N.W. 72 Ave., Miami. Theology on Tap is a time for young adults to have fun, share some fellowship and do some learning. For more information, go to www.facebook.com/groups/MiamiCatholicYA or email [email protected].
St. Henry to mark 50th
St. Henry Church will kick off its 50th anniversary celebration Saturday, Jan. 12, from 4 to 8 p.m., beginning with a Mass celebrated by Auxiliary Bishop Enrique Delgado, and followed by reception in parish hall. All former and current parishioners are invited. The church is located at 1500 S. Andrews Ave., Pompano Beach. For information, call 954-785-2450 or email [email protected].