General Fingerprinting Procedure
Church Personnel and Covered Volunteers must register online by accessing www.fieldprintflorida.com and following these instructions:
- Click "Schedule an appointment" (registration can be done in English or Spanish)
- Create a secure username/password and enter the Fieldprint scheduling system
- In the "Reason why you need to be fingerprinted" screen, select the web link: "I know my Fieldprint Code". (To obtain this access code, please call your parish or school beforehand.) Please note that the access code is case sensitive.
- Provide all the information requested. This information is required by the FDLE/FBI in order to process the criminal search.
- At this point, the website will prompt the applicant for the information required to find a local fingerprinting facility and schedule an appointment. Instructions, directions, maps and photos will all be provided directly online.
- If additional questions or problems arise, please contact Fieldprint customer service at: 1-800-799-1067 or [email protected]. Or select the "Contact Us" link on the website.
Third Party Vendors
No third-party vendors, other than vendors approved by the Office of Safe Environment, can be used by any Archdiocesan entity for the purpose of background checks and/or clearance. Results of all fingerprinting and background checks will be processed through the Office of Safe Environment.
Special Procedures for Instructional Personnel
Instructional personnel certified through the State of Florida will be re-screened every five years in conjunction with the State's certification process (this will include a renewed FDLE/FBI check). All other school employees will be re-screened every five years according to this policy. The State of Florida certification approval and the related screening results for instructional personnel will be reviewed by the Office of Safe Environment.
International Background Check
Any prospective Church Personnel from another country who has not been in the U.S. for at least one year will receive an International Background Check. Special forms are required and available through the Office of Safe Environment.
All Church personnel need to be re-fingerprinted and screened according to this policy every five (5) years.
Prior findings of guilt, pleas of guilt or pleas of no contest (regardless of adjudication) for certain misdemeanors and felonies prohibit an individual from employment or volunteer ministry in an entity of the Archdiocese.
Click here for a list of disqualifying offenses.
Digital fingerprint images will be retained in a secure electronic database through a vendor approved by the Archdiocese of Miami. Any identified criminal history, along with Archdiocesan recommendations for clearance or denial, will be held in a secure location in the Office of Safe Environment.
If you have any questions, regarding this process, please contact the Background Check Department:
Individuals who do not have access to a computer or require assistance in registering should contact their pertinent parish, school, Archdiocesan entity or the Archdiocese of Miami directly for their designated coordinator.