Monday, April 15, 2019
Florida Catholic staff - Florida Catholic
- Approximate number of
Virtus trained adults in the Archdiocese of Miami since 2002. It is approximate
because many did not register online in the early years: 86,492 did register online
and an estimated 35,000 did not.
- Children each year in
the archdiocese who received either two Virtus Teaching Boundary Safety lessons
or the Guidebook or both.
- Number of Virtus facilitators in
the archdiocese who lead the adult Virtus sessions.
- Number of local coordinators in
charge of compliance and record-keeping of the Safe Environment Policy at their
parish, school or site in the archdiocese.
Back of business card-size AAA alert to remind pastors and other church personnel of the steps to take if they witness or are told of suspected abuse of children or vulnerable adults.
9 and 227:
- Number of Virtus training
sessions offered in the archdiocese when the program first started in 2003 and
in the last calendar year, 2018. The highest total was 282 sessions offered in
2010. The average since 2003: around 197 per year.
of Archdiocese of Miami in number of adults who have been Virtus trained, out
of 257 dioceses and organizations using the program.
- Number of priests, deacons, religious, seminarians and lay employees, plus
volunteers and contractors, in the archdiocese who were fingerprinted in fiscal year 2017-2018 (July 1-June 30).
- Number of priests, deacons, religious,
seminarians and lay employees, plus volunteers and contractors, in the archdiocese
who were fingerprinted between July 1, 2010 and
June 30, 2018. Earlier records show 30,950 people fingerprinted before December
- Current cost to the archdiocese of fingerprinting a volunteer; must be repeated
every 5 years.
- Current cost to the archdiocese of fingerprinting an employee; must be repeated
every 5 years.