Registration for School of Ministry class 2018-2020 is now open!!
The Spanish language traditional in person training centers are located at St. Brendan High School in Westchester, and at St. Bartholomew parish in Miramar.
We are also accepting candidates for online courses in English and Spanish.
The Creole program will be held at Notre Dame D’Haiti Mission.
Enrollment will be open until August 31 with classes beginning in September.
Classes fill up quickly – Register NOW! and take advantage of the low registration fee of $25 until July 31, 2018, or $50 from August 1, 2018 until beginning of class.
For further information, please contact us at 305-762-1184 or email@example.com
Associate Director for Hispanic Formation
Rogelio Zelada, M.A.
9401 Biscayne Boulevard
Miami Shores, FL 33138
What is the School of Ministry?
The School of Ministry forms lay men and women who desire to grow in their understanding of the Catholic faith and in their ability to serve the Church. Over the course of two years, participants develop knowledge in spirituality, theology, and pastoral ministry. Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates find they are closer to Jesus and are better able to serve in their parish and community.
What is the format of the program?
There are two different formats. Choose the format that works best for you.
- Traditional classroom format is offered in Spanish, or Creole. This course meets once a week for two years (summers off).
- Online program is offered in English or Spanish and incorporates 8 online courses, and in person meetings over a two-year period of time.
What type of certificate can I receive at the end?
- Catholic Studies Certificate is available to Catholics interested in learning more about the faith who aren't certain about their call to ministry.
All participants enjoy connecting with a community of adult believers from parishes throughout the Archdiocese. This leads to rich discussion, and a broader notion of Church.
School of Ministry Requirements:
- Complete Registration Materials: Registration form, Non-refundable Registration fee ($25 if received by July 31st and $50 if received August 1st and after), two Personal Recommendations (one from pastor and one lay person), and Payment Plan form.
- Excellent attendance and participation in class or online.
- One Weekend Overnight Retreat and one Enrichment Day.
- Tuition for 2018-2020:
Only 20 payments of $28 per person (plus a nonrefundable $100 payment in September) or 20 payments of $51 per couple (plus a non-refundable $200 payment in September).
Registration forms are due by August 31, 2018. Forms may be accepted after that date depending on availability. Some classes fill quickly. Please register as soon as possible. Download the Registration Form located in the box "Forms" at the top of this page.