Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Rocio Granados - La Voz Catolica
Source: Annual Report 2019-2020 Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami.
- 84,000 pounds of fooddistribution and essential items throughout MiamiÂ Dade, Broward, and Monroe Counties. Meals provided: 343,000.
- Family Counseling: Serves individuals, couples, families, and children facing various challenges. Served:131.
- St. Luke's Addiction Recovery Center. Served: 213.
- Adult Day Centers: professional caring services to the elderly in Broward County. Served: 182.
- Congregate Meals: Lunches offered at senior centers in Miami-Dade County. As per COVID-19 pandemic, meals were delivered to each senior's front door. Served: 1,235. Total meals and snacks served: 202,987.
HOMELESS PREVENTION AND HOUSING
- Disaster Recovery Services to victims of natural disasters, locally and abroad. Served: 394.
- Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-housing: Provides rental, mortgage, and utility assistance for homeless families and individuals.
- Rapid Re-Housing: Served 101.
- New Life Family Center: 16-unit homeless shelter. Served: 60.
- St. Bede and St. Theresa Apartments: supportive housing for disabled adults and previously homeless families and individuals. Served: 14.
- Served: 139
- Unaccompanied Refugee Minors Program. Served: 29.
- Unaccompanied Minors Program at Msgr. Bryan O. Walsh Children's Village, formerly known as Boystown; serves minors ranging in ages from 0-17 years. Served: 255.
YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES
- Child Development Centers: services to children ages 0-5 across Miami-Dade County. Served: 1902. Meals and snacks served: 484,471.
- Strengthening Families Program: Engages parents by providing support and resources to improve family communication. In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the program has successfully transitioned to providing services virtually. Served: 602.