Couples for Christ: Friday Teaching Night
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM - English
Couples for Christ (CFC):
Families in the Holy Spirit renewing the face of the earth, invites the community to their Friday Teaching Nights, held the fourth Friday of each month from 7:30 to 10 p.m.
Moved by the Holy Spirit, one with the Catholic Church, blessed to witness to Christ’s love and service, Couples for Christ is a united global community of family evangelizers that sets the world on fire with the fullness of God’s transforming love.
CFC's global mission is to build the Church of the home and the Church of the poor.
Show more >>
We are Couples for Christ. We are committed to live in God’s righteousness and holiness, evangelizing people through a life of love and service; we shall work for the renewal of families that will serve God and build generations of Christian leaders; and, we shall pursue Total Christian Liberation through social justice, respect for life, and work with the poor.
CFC Global goals:
- Evangelization and formation: To strategically locate in the world to evangelize peoples and inculcate a way of life based on Gospel values.
- Family renewal: To strengthen and defend the family as a basic unit of society and of the Church in accordance with God’s plan.
- Total Christian liberation (justice, life, and the poor): To help the least of our brethren based on Matthew 25:40, “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”
- Effective / efficient governance: To provide effective and efficient support services to fulfill the vision and mission of CFC.
Good Shepherd Church
14187 SW 72nd Street,
SEPI y V Encuentro Misa, conferencia con Arzobispo Octavio Ruiz Arenas
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM - Spanish
El SEPI y V Encuentro los invitan a la conferencia "Evangelizar con Convicción y Entusiasmo para Formar Discípulos Misioneros" el Viernes 23 de Junio a las 7:30 PM en St. Timothy Church, localizada en 5400 SW 102 Ave., Miami, 33165.
Se celebrara una Misa con el Arzobispo Octavio Ruiz Arenas, Secretario del Consejo Pontificio para la Promocion de la Nueva Evangelización, seguida por la conferencia.
St. Timothy Church
5400 SW 102nd Avenue,
Pray - Learn - Serve: Enroll in the School of Ministry
Friday, Jun 23, 2017various times - English
The School of Ministry forms lay men and women who desire to grow in their understanding of the Catholic faith and in their ability to serve the Church. Over the course of two years, participants develop knowledge in spirituality, theology, and pastoral ministry. Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates find they are closer to Jesus and are better able to serve in their parish and community.
Registration for the 2017-2019 class is now open.
- Catholic Studies Certificate is available to Catholics interested in learning more about the faith who aren't certain about their call to ministry.
- Pastoral Ministry Certificate is for people who desire to be commissioned to serve in a specific ministerial area.
- All participants enjoy connecting with a community of adult believers from parishes throughout the Archdiocese. This leads to rich discussion, and a broader notion of Church.
Go to http://www.miamiarch.org/CatholicDiocese.php?op=LMAFF_School_of_Ministry for more information.
- Registration fee is $25 until July 31st,
- $50 from August 1st until the start of classes.
Archdiocese of Miami
9401 Biscayne Blvd.,
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM - English
Life can be difficult and so challenges faced in marriage. Retrouvaille offers hope for a better relationship. Retrouvaille is a peer ministry of volunteer couples that can help you to learn the tools of healthy communication, build intimacy and healing, just as they have done in their own marriages. Retrouvaille can help get you relationship back on track!
Show more >>
Retrouvaille is Catholic in origin, but welcomes all faiths and well as non-religious husband or wife.
Grand Palms Hotel
110 Grand Palms Drive,
Fortnight for Freedom
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM - English
Each year the US Conference of Catholic Bishops sponsors a Fortnight for Freedom in which parishes around the US arrange special events to highlight the importance of defending religious freedom.
Please join us to celebrate these FORTNIGHT FOR FREEDOM EVENTS at the Church of the Little Flower, Coral Gables:
- Holy Hour and solemn Benediction: Wednesday, June 21, 7:30 p.m.
- Movie Night: Monday, June 26, 7:30 p.m., Comber Hall: "One Generation Away"-- This fast-paced film travels the US and Europe searching for a deeper understanding of the religious freedom clauses of the Constitution. It asks hard questions about the status of religious liberty in America today.
- Annual Patriotic Prayer Service: Friday, June 30, 7:30 p.m.: Join us in honoring the US at our annual Patriotic Prayer Service. A beautiful para-liturgical service, including readings, references to the Founding Fathers, and patriotic hymns that will engender love of nation will be sung by the Schola Cantorum, our Church Choir.
Sponsored by the Catholic Disciples in the Public Square; info at: CatholicDisciplesPublicSquare.org.
Little Flower Church (Coral Gables)
Events to be held at Church and Comber Hall
2711 Indian Mound Trail,
Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekends
Friday, Jun 23, 2017various times - English
Married couples: How about some time for just the two of you?
Plan to go on a
Worldwide Marriage Encounter Weekend in Fort Lauderdale.
Dates for 2017
- April 28-30
- June 23-25
- Sept. 8-10 or
- Nov. 10-12.
before April 14 and receive a discount.
St. Mary Cathedral School looking for alumni
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM - English
Did you graduate from St. Mary's Cathedral School? If so, we would like to hear from you! We want to keep you updated on future events, including our upcoming 80th anniversary celebration.
Please complete the form at this link to keep in touch with us.
St. Mary Cathedral School
7485 NW 2nd Ave,
All Night Vigil for Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 8:00 PM - English
SAVE THE DATE
Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary All Night Vigil in Honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Begins with Holy Mass at 8 p.m.
Main celebrant Bishop Jaime Fuentes from Uruguay.
St. John Vianney College Seminary
2900 SW 87th Avenue,
Uno: Grupo para jóvenes de 12 a 18 años
Friday, Jun 23, 2017 at 7:00 PM - Spanish
Grupo de jóvenes adolecentes, edades 12-18, se reúnen todos los viernes en el salón
parroquial, 3220 N.W. 7th Ave., Miami, 33127.
Más información 305-635-1331.
Corpus Christi Church
3220 NW 7th Avenue,