Rev. Rafael Capó, Sch. P.
Rev. Mario Vizcaino, Sch. P.
Rev. José Alberto Moreno, Sch.P.
Rev. Jesús María Lecea, Sch.P.
Rev. Emilio Sotomayor, Sch.P.
Southeast Pastoral Institute
7700 SW 56 Street
Miami, FL 33155
*Not administered by Archdiocese of Miami
The Southeast Regional Office for Hispanic Ministry, Inc.
- Was established in 1978 to assist the bishops of the U. S. Regions V and XIV in their pastoral service to Hispanic Catholics.
- Presently serves 30 dioceses in 9 southeastern states with a population of more than 5.2 million Hispanics.
The Southeast Pastoral Institute (SEPI)
- Is the educational Branch of the Regional Office.
- Was established in 1979 as a recommendation of the II ENCUENTRO NACIONAL HISPANO DE PASTORAL for the formation of Hispanic leadership to serve the Church and society and continues to do so.
Our General Objective
- SEPI is an educational and service organization that assists the Catholic bishops of nine southeastern states in the training and development of a Hispanic leadership, to help integrate the community into the life of the Church and society.
- SEPI collaborates with the dioceses in the implementation of their pastoral plans.
- SEPI strengthens family life and promotes the dignity and talents of the individual.
- SEPI trains Anglo and foreign priests, religious and lay people to serve the Hispanic community.
What does SEPI do?
- Collaborates with each diocese in the organization and implementation of its pastoral answers.
- Evangelizes, educates, organizes and forms Hispanic and Anglo leaders in Alabama, the Carolinas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee and other areas throughout the nation.
- Guides and responds on issues affecting the community.
- Researches, develops and implements information and resources for the creation of new pastoral instruments.
- Guides and trains the community in responding to our pluralistic reality.
- Promotes communication and cooperation among the different cultures as an expression of catholicity and solidarity.