Filipino-Americans in South Florida to celebrate Simbang Gabi
Keeping the tradition alive
Wednesday, December 04, 2013
Juan A. Di Prado - Archdiocese of Miami
Miami… (December 4, 2013) Not even a force as strong as Typhoon Haiyan can shake the spirit of the many Filipinos and Filipino-Americans in South Florida that will celebrate the traditional Simbang Gabi in preparation for the Christmas Season.
Simbang Gabi is a nine-day religious celebration deeply rooted in the Filipino culture in preparation for the birth of Jesus Christ. The nine-day advent novena of Masses is being organized by the Filipino Apostolate of the Archdiocese of Miami, and will include the participation of Archbishop Thomas Wenski who will celebrate the Mass on December 23 at 7 p.m. at St. Mark Church.
The full schedule is as follows:
• December 15: St. Andrew Church at 7:30 p.m. “Forbearance”
• December 16: Good Shepherd Church at 8 p.m. “Trusting Fully in the Lord”
• December 17: St. Bartholomew Church at 7:30 p.m. “Hoping for Rebirth to a New Life”
• December 18: Blessed John XXIII Church at 7:30 p.m. “Working for Justice and Peace”
• December 19: St. Bernadette Church at 7 p.m. “Praising and Thanking the God for Life’s Surprises”
• December 20: St. Rose of Lima Church at 7:30 p.m. “Responding to God’s Awesome Love”
• December 21: St. Kevin Church at 4 p.m. “Being a Person for Others”
• December 22: St. Joseph Church at 7:30 p.m. “Proclaiming God’s Love”
• December 23: St. Mark the Evangelist Church at 7 p.m. “Following the Footsteps of Christ”
For more information on this event contact (954)981-7843.
The Archdiocese of Miami
Media contact: Juan A. Di Prado, Media Coordinator, at (305)762-1046 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mary Ross Agosta, Director of Communications, at (305)762-1043 email@example.com.