Monday, May 1, 2017
Communications Department - Archdiocese of Miami
Miami (May 1, 2017) On May 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Catholic Legal Services of the Archdiocese of Miami (CLS), along with a coalition of legal service providers,* will host a one-day FREE citizenship event to help legal permanent residents start the process to become U.S. citizens. Currently, CLS is searching for immigration attorneys and other volunteers who wish to help at this event.
Immigration attorneys are needed to assist with applications and answer participants’ legal questions. Other volunteers will help with interpreting, logistics, and other important tasks.
The Mega Citizenship event will be taking place May 20 at the following locations:
- Miami Dade College Hialeah Campus, 1780 W 49th St. Hialeah, FL
- Miami Dade College Homestead Campus, 500 College Terrace, Homestead, FL
- Miami Dade College InterAmerican Campus, 627 SW 27th Ave. Miami, FL
- Miami Dade College Kendall Campus, 11011 SW 104th St. Miami, FL
- Miami Dade College Medical Campus, 950 NW 20th St. Miami, FL
- Miami Dade College North Campus, 11380 NW 27th Ave. Miami, FL
- Miami Dade College Entrepreneurial Education Center, 6300 NW 7th Ave. Miami, FL
- Miami Dade College West Campus, 3800 NW 115th Ave. Doral, FL
- Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus, 300 NE 2nd Ave. Miami, FL
- NANAY, 659 NE 125th St. North Miami, FL
- Hispanic Unity, 5840 Johnson St. Hollywood, FL
- CIMA, 15205 SW 88th St. Miami, FL
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, 4343 West Flagler St. Ste 100 Miami, FL
- FLIC, Lauderhill Mall, 1267 North State Rd 7, Lauderhill, FL
Those wishing to volunteer must visit www.miaminac.org and click on “Become a Volunteer” and select the location where they would like to volunteer.
Volunteers must also attend a mandatory in-person or online training. Details about the volunteer training dates and times can be found on the website.
For more information call 305-373-1073, ext. 1218 or email email@example.com
*List of other legal service providers and partners: Hispanic Unity of Florida, NALEO Educational Fund, Read 2 Succeed, Nanay CEDC, FLIC, Miami Dade College, New American Workforce, International Rescue Committee, Cuban American Bar Association (CABA), Legal Services of Greater Miami, INC, CIMA.
Media contact: Juan A. Di Prado, Media Coordinator, at 305-762-1046 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mary Ross Agosta, Director of Communications, at 305-762-1043 email@example.com.