31st Annual State Respect Life Conference
October 20 & 21, 2017 - Bonaventure Convention Center
Every seven years, the Annual Respect Life State Conference comes to the Archdiocese of Miami. This year’s theme “For the Least of Them” was chosen to inspire, educate and equip the faithful so that we may heed the call of Christ to serve and protect the most vulnerable among us with a loving heart.
As put forth in the Pastoral Plan for Prolife Activities of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops:
In our present social context, marked by a dramatic struggle between the ‘culture of life’ and the ‘culture of death’, there is need to develop a deep critical sense, capable of discerning true values and authentic needs.
It is our hope and expectation that in focusing on the need to respect and protect the lives of the innocent unborn and those who are disabled, ill, or dying, we will help to deepen respect for the life of every human being.
This pastoral plan calls upon all the resources of the Church its people, services, and institutions to pursue this effort with renewed energy and commitment...
- Dr. Alveda C. King,Director, Civil Rights for the Unborn, Priests For Life
- Dr. Anthony Levatino, M.D., Former Texas Abortion Provider
Panel of experts:
- Donna Gardner, M.S., Executive Dir. Magdalene’s Joy
- Rev. Alfred Cioffi, STHD, Ph.D., Senior Fellow, National Catholic Bioethics Center
- Rev. Jordi Rivero, Respect Life Director 1992-2007
- Michael Sheedy, Exec. Dir. Executive Director, Florida Catholic Conference
- Ingrid Delgado, Assoc. for Social Concerns/Respect Life, Florida Catholic Conference
- Dr. Sandra Rodríguez Dávila, Geriatric Psychiatrist, Catholic Medical Association
- Dr. Grazie Pozo Christie, Senior Advisor, The Catholic Association
- Sandi LeBel, Education Coordinator, Respect Life Ministry
- Carmen Santamaría, Co-Author, “The Infertility Companion for Catholics”
Special participation of:
- Archbishop Thomas Wenski
- Bishop Felipe de Jesús Estévez, Diocese of St. Augustine, Episcopal Moderator SPLCC
- Bishop Peter Baldacchino, Archdiocese of Miami
- The Marian Center Bell Choir
- Early registration $ 90.00
- After October 1st $100.00
(Includes all Saturday meals and Banquet).
Please download and return this Registration Form with a check made payable to Respect Life Ministry to:
Respect Life Ministry
Attn: 2017 Conference
4747 Hollywood Blvd. Suite # 103
Hollywood, FL 33021
To pay via credit card, please register online at: CLICK HERE
Bonaventure Resort & Spa
250 Racquet Club Road
Weston, FL 33326
- Room Rate: $125/night + tax. Room rate available 3 days pre and post, with availability.
- Cut-off date: 9-29-2017 or when sold out
The resort fee has been WAIVED for our group. Room rate includes: internet access in guest rooms, self-parking, and 24-hour use of Fitness Center.
Book through this website to make, modify or cancel room reservations: CLICK HERE
Please, help us share the good news with everyone you know! Thank you for heeding the call.
Type the shortcut:
on your browser to come back to this page on the web site.